Monday 3 June 2013

THE UNKNOWN POWER WITHIN

NINJA!

Here is my next drawing from my list of challenges. This one comes from my cousin Patrick who requested Ninjas. I stuck to the singular - as in one ninja. I have subverted the lethal archetype of the ninja a little bit here and have named this piece THE LITTLEST NINJA. I have adopted a cartoon style to suit it. My littlest ninja is holding twin sai (much like Raphael of the Teenage Mutant ninja turtles).  

I like the idea of a ninja being childlike and small yet fierce and proud. In fact I think I will wear a scarf over my head this afternoon and pretend that I AM the littlest ninja. And that my power - although not obvious, is one that I will grow into. I am not to be underestimated. Won't you join me? ;-) HOY-YAH!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment