Tuesday 4 June 2013

GREETINGS EARTHLINGS!

MY VERY OWN EXTRATERRESTRIAL(S)


“The only thing that scares me more than space aliens is the idea that there aren't any space aliens. We can't be the best that creation has to offer. I pray we're not all there is. If so, we're in big trouble.” 
― Ellen DeGeneres


So here is my latest instalment of drawing from my list. This challenge comes from one of my old drama students from a galaxy long ago. I used to set creative challenges for Zoe E when she was a teen. Now she has set one for me. Looks like the tables have turned like the earth orbiting around the sun...


I got a wee bit excited about this challenge and ended up doing quite a few doodles and given them all names. After all, as no one has ever SEEN an alien (well PROVED it) the rules of drawing are out the window and its just a matter of seeing what the pen and the imagination wants to see. Isn't that like most of us though? We often see what we want to see. And we miss the obvious. I often think the search for existence of life beyond this planet is a bit of a misadventure. We have so much life down here already that we haven't quite figured out how to protect. I secretly hope we never find life beyond the blue planet. As I suspect we might mess it up. Instead let's dream up crazy worlds and try and look after the one we already have.

Which one of these ET's would you want for your very own?

No comments:

Post a Comment