Wednesday 5 June 2013

IT'S ALWAYS DAWNING SOMEWHERE IN THE WORLD

A PIXIES PERSPECTIVE OF THE SUNRISE IN A FOREST


"A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world."
Oscar Wilde

This drawing challenge was presented by my self proclaimed pixie friend Jay who lives opposite a national park in Qld.  The forest is an important part of her re-energising herself and she knows the importance of living close to nature. 

I like to think of myself as a bit of a pixie lady too. I am happiest when I am around nature. I am lucky to have a little atrium in my house (right next to my desk). It's filled with plants and faery statues and a meditating buddha. My most favourite places on earth that I have visited are natural places. Scotland and Ireland hold a special place in my heart as high energy places in nature. So does Byron Bay in northern NSW and Nightcap National Park and The Dandenong Ranges in Victoria. In fact there are too many beautiful natural spaces in Australia to list. I am blessed to live in a country with such breath taking and diverse scenery.

So dawn..... I am definitely not a morning person. If I don't set an alarm I find I just tend to sleep and sleep and have wild and vivid dreams. Having a sleepy cat on my bed assists in this dreaming process I am sure. Though the times when I do have to arise early (and this year that's pretty much every day), it's alway a magical experience and a soothing balm to actually see the sun rise. It definitely gives one the sense of a new beginning and a promise filled with hope and light.

I love to remind myself that right now at this instant, and at every instant, it is dawn somewhere in the world. And it's also sunset too. And day and night. It makes me feel connected to the turnings of the world and to feel right in the middle of my own existence to be a part of the cycle.

This drawing reminds me to visit the forest and natural spaces more regularly as it always reboots my soul and charms me with it's magic.

No comments:

Post a Comment