Monday 10 June 2013

CUPPA TIME

SLOWING DOWN


"Slow lorises are a group of several species of strepsirrhine primates which make up the genus Nycticebus. Found in south and southeast Asia, they range from Bangladesh and Northeast India in the west to the Philipines in the east,  and from the Yunnan province in China in the north to the island of Java in the south"
(Wikipedia)


This latest drawing challenge comes from my beautiful partner Troy. He asked me to draw a Slow Loris. Which happen to be the pretty much the cutest animal on the planet as they are a little like a possum and a lot like an Ewok. A winning combination. Though a little two winning as these little guys  are on the endangered list as poachers and pet shops are a threat. See this link for info: 


I drew this little guy drinking tea as after all they are a SLOW loris. And what better way to slow down than with a cuppa. For me, tea is an essential part of the day. And as I drew this little guy I drank a whole pot of chai (my all time favourite tea). This little guy reminds me to come back to myself and give myself time for self care. Not just slamming down a beverage on the run, but taking time to actually relax, breathe and be aware of everything within and around you. I must try and incorporate more of this into my life!



No comments:

Post a Comment