Monday 24 March 2014

Rainbow-fro!

"Someday we'll find it
The Rainbow Connection
The lovers, the dreamers and me"
(Kermit the Frog)



I am a little obsessed with colour at the moment...

I was recently hired to create a logo and business collateral for a small business selling all kinds of art and homewares. The brief made mention to water colour paint. So I went and bought myself a new water colour paint brush and set up a station of exploration and play. I made quite a delightful mess splattering colour on the parchment. I ended up with dozens of splotches and splashes and drips. Was so much fun and the end result looked great! I was so taken with the process that I have spent the last couple of nights mixing water colour creations with my drawing. 


This picture was a late night doodle to unleash the colour within!




And here is another little illustration I created last night that also mixed my water colour drips with digital drawing:


I think the above was influenced by my morning exercise under the Autumn trees here in Melbourne! I am also reading Lord of the Rings at the moment and there is mention of an Elven kingdom where the trees turn gold and hold their leaves until the green new leaves are already in place. Only then will the golden leaves drop. Very fanciful!

In keeping with this new delight of colour, I have a new design up on my Red Bubble store!
Available on t-shirts. Organic, regular fit, babies, kids, v-neck, 3/4 sleeves - all sizes, many many colours to choose from too!
Also available on device cases (phones and tablets) and stickers and cards and prints.

I call it Rainbow-fro.

You can purchase your own copy here



No comments:

Post a Comment